Looking for a summer job and have a lifeguard certification? Recreation Services is looking for Summer Lifeguards who already have their lifeguard certification who can work this Summer. Below are some commonly asked questions:
1. What is the pay rate? a. $9.00/hour.
2. How many hours can I work a week? a. Hours will vary (20-30 hours/week in the summer), but enrolled Ball State Students can work up to 40 hours per week in the summer, which is depended on the pool demand. b. Non-Ball State Students hours will vary (10-20 hours per week in the summer).
3. How do I apply? a. Ball State students can apply through the Cardinal Career Link. i. Then submit an application via our Application Page.
b. Non-Ball State Students may apply via the Ball State Employment Portal: The job will be posted very soon.
4. Do I need a lifeguard certification to apply? a. Yes. All lifeguards position require a lifeguard certification prior to employment.
5. What lifeguard certifications will be accepted? a. Proof of a certification from the following certification suppliers will required:
i. American Red Cross
Please contact Michelle Jones, Coordinator of Aquatics and Facilities, for any additional questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 765-285-2042.