Manage My Subscriptions
Residence Hall Thanksgiving Closing
November 19, 2020
Housing News & Events
Residence halls close at 10am on Wednesday, November 25
and will re-open for the spring semester from
January 15, 2021 through January 18, 2021
by appointment. More information on this process will be provided at a later date, as well as other important information about returning to campus in the Spring. Please monitor your BSU email over the winter break period. To start, please review the
Student Pre-Approval Testing Protocol
in order to understand what is expected of you upon returning to campus for the Spring Semester.
End of semester to-do list:
- Make plans to arrange transportation home,
- Forward your mail to where you will be staying over the break period,
- Stop placing online orders by November 18. We cannot forward any packages unless it’s a United States Postal Service (USPS) package, and there will be a delay between arriving at the residence hall and forwarding to your home address,
- Non-USPS Packages that are not picked up will be considered abandoned property,
- Pack enough of your clothes to last for the entirety of the break,
- Empty all trash from your room,
- Remove food from your refrigerator, and unplug the appliance,
- Take any fish or plants home with you,
- Take any items home you think you might need during the extended break period (clothes, laptops, charging cords, medications, etc.) As a note, the halls will not be open for you to return during break to retrieve left items.
- We ask that you store your bicycle in your room, apartment, or bike room to help prevent bike theft.
If you do not plan to return for Spring 2021 semester, please inform your Residence Hall Director and the Housing and Residence Life Office as soon as possible.
We look forward to seeing you again in January. Have a safe break.
Share article to:
Return to Article List