Manage My Subscriptions
Participate in research for a equal opportunity to win $20 Gift Card!
December 01, 2020
Would you like to relax for twenty minutes???
Then take part in this study! (No Experience Required)
We are seeking individuals enrolled in university classes to complete a two-day study that will have individuals complete a series of surveys, a calming imagery video, and a math test. Individuals who complete both research session will be included in a drawing for one of five $20-dollar gift cards. Individual who decide to remain anonymous will still receive research participation credit for those in the educational psychology research pool.
Study Title: Does Mindfulness Practice Reduce Math Test Anxiety?
Purpose: The purpose of this study is determining the effectiveness of calming imagery in reducing anxiety conditions.
Participants must be at least 18 years of age to complete this survey and current college students. All participation is 100% voluntary and all responses will remain confidential (i.e. identifiable information will be kept private and secured). This study will take roughly 40-60 minutes to complete over two days. At any time when completing the survey, you may skip question or quit altogether. The survey will contain questions concerning demographic information as well as surveys about mindfulness and anxiety.
1) If you are a part of the Educational psychology research credit system:
• You will get .5 credit if you only participate in the first session.
• If you participate in the second session, you will get an equal opportunity to receive one of five $20 tango gift cards.
• You can choose to participate in the first session if you want to. In this case, you will not get an equal opportunity to receive one of five $20 tango gift card.
2) If you are recruited through the communication center:
• You will get an equal opportunity to receive one of five $20 tango gift cards only if you participate in BOTH sessions.
• You can participate in only the first session if you choose to, but you will not receive an equal opportunity to receive one of five $20 tango gift cards.
If you would like to participate in this study, please follow the link below:
Joshua Heath, Principal Investigator firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Jerrell Cassady, Faculty Advisor email@example.com
This study has been reviewed and approved by the Ball State IRB [1646262-1]
Share article to:
Return to Article List