Who can participate?
- Men and women between 18-64 years of age
- WITHOUT chronic tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Native American English speakers
- Normal middle ear function
- No history of hearing loss present at birth, fluctuating hearing loss, traumatic brain injury, Meniere's disease, vestibular schwannoma, meningioma, post-traumatic stress disorder, neurological disorders including epilepsy, other psychological disorders except for currently managed depression and/or anxiety
- No history of hearing aid or cochlear implant use
What will I do in the study?
- Individuals interested in participating will be screened via email/phone before being invited to partake in the study, which involves a 2-hour behavioral assessment
- The behavioral assessment will include:
- Questionnaires regarding hearing, tinnitus, and other health status
- Comprehensive hearing evaluation including speech testing in noisy environments
Where does the testing occur?
- Ball State University: Health Professions Building, HPB 267 and 268
Compensation: Participants will be compensated for their participation
Interested? For more information: Please contact Dr. Yihsin Tai at firstname.lastname@example.org or (765) 285-8177 and mention “Tinnitus and Hearing Study”