The privacy of our students’ educational records is a shared responsibility across Ball State University. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is the law that governs the privacy of student records. The Office of the Registrar has created an email address that enables you to reach our office quickly and efficiently when FERPA issues and questions arise.
Please email email@example.com with any questions including, but not limited to, the common requests listed:
- FERPA issues and concerns
- Our office, working with other key stakeholders around campus, investigates potential issues and provides support, advice, remediation and training when issues occur.
- FERPA training requests for your unit
- We are happy to provide your area with a traditional, tailored FERPA presentation or play a rousing game of FERPA Jeopardy (in-person and virtual training available).
- Required Annual FERPA Training
- We will provide answers to questions about the required annual FERPA Training and Cardinal Data Privacy Passport completion.
- General Questions
- Ask us anything related to FERPA or student records privacy.
This email inbox is monitored daily, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. by staff in the Office of the Registrar. You can expect a prompt response within 2 business days.
We are happy to serve as partners and resources; please let us know how we can be of assistance.