Teamwork and collaboration are essential components of a successful immersive learning project. Each academic year, the Immersive Learning Student Advisory Board (ILSAB) recognizes a student team that goes above and beyond the requirements of their immersive learning class to produce uncommon results for their partner and our local community.
Teams will be judged on how they met student learning objectives for the course, created a collaborative environment, used creative problem-solving techniques, overcame obstacles, and applied previous knowledge to produce a positive or significant impact on the community.
To be eligible, immersive learning teams must be:
- Enrolled in a Spring 2023 immersive learning course or members of a Summer or Fall 2022 immersive learning class
- A group of three or more undergraduate students
- Working with a community partner to solve a community challenge
- Creating a final product, service, or other deliverable with a community partner
- Outstanding in their level of enthusiasm, effort, and impact
- Self-nominated or recommended by a faculty member, academic department, or community partner.
In order to be considered, nominations must be submitted online by March 31: https://ballstate.infoready4.com/#manageCompetitionsDetail/1896102
Winning teams will be honored at the Immersive Learning Showcase on May 1, 2023. Members of the team will receive a certificate of recognition.